estled in the southern region of Ashenvale forest, Warsong Gulch is near the area where Grom Hellscream and his Orcs chopped away huge swaths of forest during the events of the Third War. Some orcs have remained in the vicinity, continuing their deforestation to fuel the Horde's expansion. They call themselves the Warsong Outriders. The Night Elves, who have begun a massive push to retake the forests of Ashenvale, are now focusing their attention on ridding their land of the Outriders once and for all. And so, the Silverwing Sentinels have answered the call and sworn that they will not rest until every last Orc is defeated and cast out of Warsong Gulch.
Kalimdor (Between Ashenvale and Barrens)
Level 10-70 players (level range breakup: 10-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69 and 70)
10 Horde/10 Alliance
5 Horde/5 Alliance
Capture the enemy's flag 3 times
WoW Gameplay Trailer: Warsong Gulch
The flag. A long held symbol...
Of dominance, prestige and power..
It can't be bought....
But it can be stolen....
Come and get it..
This new gameplay trailer features two teams battling it out in Warsong Gulch in a capture-the-flag throwdown. Watch as the blue team powers its way to the all-important flag and brings it home. Is that a Tauren doing a victory dance?
Date added: June 9, 2005
Size: 10,5 MB
How to Flag:
- Right-clicking on the enemy's flag will cause you to pick it up.
- Right-clicking on the enemy flag icon while you're carrying it will cause it to drop.
- Invulnerability buff effects, mount spells, and stealth spells prevent a player from picking up a flag. Using these effects while holding a flag causes it to drop.
- If your flag isn't being carried, right-clicking it will port it to your base.
- Returning the enemy's flag to your flag's starting position while your flag is there will do the following:
- Earn a capture for your team
- Respawn both flags at their starting position after a short period (one minute or less)
- Messages are sent to all players in the Battleground whenever a flag is picked up, dropped, returned, or captured.
- Capturing three flags will win the game, granting a reputation bonus with your allies and a quest item noting your victory.
- Players earn Bonus Honor when their faction captures a flag or wins the Battleground.
- When both flags are held, the flag carriers will receive 50% increased damage done to them after approximately 10 minutes and 100% increased damage after approximately 15 minutes.
- Flag carriers can now be tracked on Battleground maps 45 seconds after picking up the flag.
- The Warsong Gulch flag can no longer be picked up at the same time as a flag is capped.
You receive bonus honor points for completing certain objectives. These honor points are calculated in the form of "bonus kills for a maximum leveled character". The honor points from these bonus kills are not split with anyone else. The honor bonus varies so there isn't a set number that can be listed. The following is a list of how many bonus kills you get for each objective:
Capturing a flag (3 bonus kills each)
Winning the match (1 bonus kill)
- There are three respawning power-ups. Check them out here.
- Right-clicking an enemy player's corpse prevents that player from being able to resurrect using player spells or corpse reclamation. You can also loot money from the dead player's corpse.
- Spirit Guides at each faction's "graveyard" location periodically resurrect players in an area around the Spirit Guide. Players are revived in waves. If there are too many dead players, some players might have to wait until the next resurrection wave to be revived. You can also talk to a Spirit Guide to enter the resurrection queue again.
- The Warlock's Ritual of Summoning spell is disabled.
- Resurrected Hunters and Warlocks will have their pets resurrected.
- Friendly flag carriers are displayed on the overhead map.
Warsong Gulch Power-Ups
There are three types of power-ups found in Warsong Gulch. To use them, simply walk up to one. They will respawn after a short period of time. Click on the pictures below to see what each power-up looks like in-game.
Silverwing Sentinels Rewards
Illiyana Moonblaze serves as the quartermaster for the Silverwing Sentinels, selling all their reputation rewards. Warsong Gulch consumables and the Silverwing Battle Tabard are also available to purchase.